During the holiday season, we reflect on blessings, faith, family, and the future.
The holidays are hectic, let alone what we have gone through in 2020. Presents, cards, decorating, cooking, cleaning, cookies, candy, just the list alone creates stress! And this year, many of us can’t visit our loved ones in person.
Feng Shui can be used to mitigate this stress. Feng Shui is meant to bring balance and harmony into your home and life.
Feng Shui is about utilizing the natural healing energy from the earth in your home.
How you manage your space has a major impact on your moods and relationships with others around you.
Here are a few tips to keep your home peaceful this holiday:
- Straighten up and clean your home before bringing out decorations and putting up a tree.
- Clean areas that guests will be in during get-togethers and parties.
- Set a welcoming tone at the front door! Sometimes called “the mouth of chi (energy) into your home”, it’s a great place to have a fresh wreath. If not fresh, make sure it is fluffed and inviting. If using bows from previous years, primp them so they look fresh and new. Make sure any lights are working and inviting.
- Have the entrance into your home clean and clutter-free.
- Use blue’s and whites or silver and gold to bring in calming energy.
- If you want to encourage connection and warmth, light a fire and/or use candles to bring in the fire element.
- Scatter a few fresh poinsettias around your home.
The earth isn’t renewable, and future generations depend on us to take appropriate actions today.
Here are a few tips on how to be creative as well as earth-friendly:
- Instead of using wrapping paper for gifts, use reusable fabric bags.
- If you do use wrapping paper — save large, used pieces for another gift.
- For large gifts, use a tablecloth that will continue to function.
- Check with your post office for letters to Santa…and help a family in need.
- Give gifts that can save a life (emergency car kits, solar flashlights, solar chargers, salt blocks for animals).
- Use the sports page of a newspaper for athletically-inclined gifts.
- Use the comics section for fun-loving people and children!
Check out this article for more ideas on how to be earth-friendly during the holiday season.
If you are interested in learning more about the upcoming energy of 2021, join me for “2021 Trends – Be Empowered in the 6 Hard-Metal and Metal Ox Year“, a virtual workshop in January. Learn more about it here.
May you be exceedingly, generously, and joyfully blessed this holiday season.
~Diana Garber, Feng Shui Master
Leave A Comment