Which Feng Shui speaks to you?
Intuitive Concepts uses what is called “Traditional Feng Shui” sometimes referred to “Classic Feng Shui”, as opposed to “Western Feng Shui”.
In a nutshell, Traditional Feng Shui focuses on the big picture working holistically (energy of the land, building, then people in the space).
The energy diagnosis identifies the past, present, and potential – identifying how people experience the space (health, wealth, relationships, success, journey). Then Diana overlays risk management principles to minimize negative influences so that positive ones can find the light. Whereas, Western Feng Shui is “an art of placement” approach (focusing on the interior) developed in the 60’s by a Tibetan monk who believed that Traditional Feng Shui was too complex for most people.
It is well worth the investment as you can see by our client testimonials.
See below for more details and answers.
Feng Shui is Chinese for “wind and water”, the nature science. Traditional Feng Shui (American pronunciation is fung shway) states that all living things in the universe are subject to the control of the environment.
In ancient Chinese geomancy, the most important concept is air. In fact, air means current or energy (Chi or Qi). It is believed that this air, if directed in a knowledgeable way, can promote harmony, prosperity, good health and long life.
That’s why ancient Chinese dynasties kept traditional Feng Shui methods secret, ensuring their rule for centuries.
There aren’t currently educational or certification requirements to practice Traditional Feng Shui, unfortunately.
Therefore, it’s important to find a credible Traditional Feng Shui practitioner. Energy fields, good or bad, should not be left to interpretation and inexperience.
Western Feng Shui is an “art of placement” and was developed in the mid 60′s by a Tibetan monk, Thomas Lin Yun, who came to the US and believed Traditional Feng Shui was too complex and too complicated for Westerners. He, then, founded the Tibetan Black Hat Society, creating “Western Feng Shui), and applied the same simplistic cookie-cutter version of Feng Shui for everybody, using the same 9 areas of a house without taking in consideration people’s bagua, the date they moved in, the landforms, and really, it has nothing much to do with Traditional Feng Shui any longer.
Western Feng Shui has diluted the essence of Traditional Feng Shui.
This “art of placement” uses lots of objects such as Mandarin ducks for love and marriage, turtles for protection and stability, Koi fish for abundance, Chinese coins tied up with a red string for prosperity, crystals, bamboo flutes, purple pillows, you name it. They are very pretty but fail to bring good fortune.
In Traditional Feng Shui, we do not use good luck charms.
In contrast, when strictly applied according to its ancient principles, Traditional Feng Shui offers a large spectrum of formulas and tools to build wealth in all its aspects.
People often ask, “what makes a good Traditional Feng Shui practitioner?”
My reply: When they enter your space, a Traditional Feng Shui practitioner is felt, not seen. You experience a collaborative energy journey, not a decorating destination.
And in the end, you experience results, results, results!
Traditional Feng Shui is based on geomancy, a complete and complicated set of theories and calculations derived from I-Ching.
It is a complex scientific method, rather than a metaphysical reading relying on inspiration or conjecture. Traditional Feng Shui calculates the physical reactions among the natural environmental elements, and their interaction with air currents, energy and magnetic fields.
What that means to you is Diana Garber has been fully trained and uses “geomancy” in her evaluations and calculations. Think of it as “science of the earth.”
The Traditional Feng Shui practitioner, (also referred to as Classic Feng Shui consultant), calculates a building and/or a lot and does an analysis based on inside and outside elements. This information is combined with personalized data, and extensive research is performed on the unique results.
Examples of Traditional Feng Shui: A staircase should not face the main door; a money or people block may exist for the current year or longer; the year you were born determines the direction you sleep; and new years and circumstances affect one’s environment (just as in life).
There is no ‘cookie-cutter’ approach with geomancy, which provides personalized, scientific analysis and is Traditional Feng Shui. Other methods include Black Hat, an approach developed in recent years, which uses the Ba Gua to interpret life stations. Its focus is on color, mirrors and objects. There’s also intuitive Feng Shui.
All have a purpose and bring value. Traditional Feng Shui provides a firm foundation. Just as a house needs a good foundation to build upon, so does Traditional Feng Shui. Remodeling and redecorating only go so far to change one’s environment. If a poor foundation exists, the other changes are not a wise investment.
The American Academic community recognizes Traditional Feng Shui that customizes your information per your time and space (solar and magnetic) measurements.
- Would you like to experience more peace and joy?
- How can you attract loving and supporting relationships?
- What can you accomplish when financially or emotionally free?
- Would a more satisfying career produce more abundance?
- What might that career look like?
- Do you set goals but fall short of attaining them?
- Is there room for improvement with your well being, self esteem, or patience?
- Do you want a successful business, to expand your influence, be more generous, and make a difference?
Our clients have results in all these areas and more!
Schedule your no-cost 15 minute telephone consultation.
- Creates a space that empowers you, and maximizes life’s opportunities.
- Helps you find peace and joy.
- Helps you experience loving relationships.
- Helps you be free of debt (emotional and financial).
- Produces abundance and a satisfying career.
- Designs a prosperous journey.
- Improves well being.
- Builds self esteem.
- Develops patience.
- Reduces risk (example, safety or security).
- Helps you start a successful business.
- Helps you expand your influence and make a difference.
- Helps you set goals and obtain them.
- Controls your environment instead of it controlling you.
- Helps you be great, generous, and fulfilled.
- It creates a space that empowers you, and maximizes life’s opportunities.
- It helps you find peace and joy
- It helps you experience loving relationships
- It helps you be free of debt (emotional and financial)
- It helps you produce abundance and a satisfying career
- It will help you design a prosperous journey
- It improves your well being.
- It builds self your esteem.
- It helps you develop patience.
- It reduces risk (example, safety or security).
- It helps you start a successful business.
- It helps you expand your influence and make a difference.
- It helps you set goals and obtain them.
- It controls your environment instead of it controlling you.
- It help you be great, generous, and fulfilled.
Traditional help you live a life in balance.
Thousands of years ago, the Chinese began observing the many ways in which nature affected their environment. Throughout the centuries, they perfected a system of harnessing nature’s power, in order to bring a sense of harmony to their living and working spaces. Today, with a desire to find balance in an increasingly fast-paced and seemingly chaotic world, there is a renewed interest in this ancient Chinese practice, known as classic Feng Shui.
At the heart of classic Feng Shui is an innate understanding of how the energies of wind (feng) and water (shui) interact to create chi or life force. When chi is directed in a knowledgeable way, it promotes harmony, prosperity, good health, and long life. When chi is unbalanced it can lead to anxiety, loss, depression and illness.
The practice of Feng Shui seeks to balance the forces of nature within our living and working environments, in order that we may lead a happier, healthier existence.
Traditional Feng Shui is more than an art. It’s also a science. The practice of classic Feng Shui relies on proven mathematical principles, and the study of architecture, astronomy, design, geology and physics; as well as intangibles like astrology, philosophy and intuition.
Although some consider Feng Shui to be nothing more than a glorified decorating technique, this is most definitely NOT the case.
It is, instead, the original science of environmental energy.
Also known as geomancy (the study of geography and lines),
Feng Shui aligns the energies of a building’s occupants with the energies of the structure itself. With change comes great results… The benefits of Feng Shui can be great, indeed. Often, just small changes in your environment can be life altering. Here are just a few examples of the ways Feng Shui can assist you in improving your situation.
- It can help improve your physical well-being.
- It can encourage nurturing, loving relationships.
- It can attract greater abundance and wealth, while helping you to reduce debt.
- It can help you develop patience and build self esteem
- It can improve your chances of business and career success. …but before change there must be understanding. Once you decide to improve your life with the help of classic Feng Shui, you’re ready for a consultation.
Every Intuitive Concepts consultation begins with a one-on-one audit, either on-site, over the telephone or by e-mail.
During the audit, we’ll discuss the scope of the project, making sure we understand your desires and expectations.
Next, we’ll work together to identify your goals and establish quantifiable objectives. Then, we’ll survey the environment through a comprehensive analysis (see more below), and develop an action plan, listing the things you can do, large and small, to bring your environment into balance, and start reaping the rewards of living in harmony with your space.
One analysis does not fit all. Because your ability to interact with any given environment depends on both your personal data and certain specific facts about the property, there can be no cookie-cutter approach to Feng Shui.
At Intuitive Concepts, we customize each classic Feng Shui analysis to your living or working environment and your particular circumstances.
Among the things we consider on any Feng Shui consultation are:
- The shape of the land on which the building sits, and whether or not it is enticing to nature (plants, animals and people).
- The architecture of the building, where and how it sits on the lot, and sustainable and renewable sources.
- Events that have occurred on the property that are either historically or spiritually significant.
- Any external (buildings, pathways, landscape, etc.) or internal (doors, windows, location of rooms, lighting, electromagnetic frequencies, etc.) influences.
- The surrounding geography (water, hills, power lines, traffic, geopathic stress, etc.)
- Your personal energies, determined by your birth information.
- The impact the building has on the earth.
This customized approach also makes it difficult for us to set a one-size-fits-all consultation fee.
Instead, the price of your individual consultation will depend on many factors including the size of building or acreage, whether a floor plan is provided, travel considerations, and for how many people the reading is customized.
Ready to learn more? Schedule your no-cost 15 minute telephone consultation.
A proper diagnosis of symptoms is necessary for a successful cure. In Traditional Feng Shui a correct analysis, or evaluation, is the starting point for a proper resolution.
During the survey, we first observe the surrounding landscape.
To do this, we observe the flow of ch’i in the landscape and ensure the building receives the most beneficial energy.
Landscape design features are then suggested to be used to eliminate disturbances from inauspicious sources.
Secondly, the interior is analyzed to ensure a proper flow of ch’i in every room to maximize energy flow and elemental balance. At this stage, the furniture layout is important and we recommend appropriate design features for better results.
The third phase is the most critical.
The ch’i components are analyzed in detail.
Just as white light passing through a prism is divided into electromagnetic spectrum colors, so the flow of ch’i is divided into branches of energy vibrating at different frequencies.
This process of analysis shows whether a site’s energetic field is balanced using the geomancer’s compass to find the magnetic pole, establish the building’s orientation, and combine this information with others derived by knowing the date of construction of the building.
Next, we consult on natural elemental objects and colors (belonging to missing energy frequencies that can be introduced) to recreate harmony.
This analysis is applied to every room of the house to ensure total balance.
The fourth phase involves compatibility of the building with its primary inhabitants.
We pay more detailed attention to space and color, as well as bed and desk orientation, favoring the options most beneficial to the inhabitants.
The results of such an evaluation will create detailed guidelines involving furniture layout and interior design in the case of an existing building. For new construction, design development concepts are provided for new buildings or remodeling.
The Tradiontional Feng Shui practitioner then schedules a follow-up appointment to:
- Review your traditional Feng Shui strategies (a detailed report is provided)
- Determine an action plan
- Conduct a satisfaction survey
- Share more about the types of analysis available through Intuitive Concepts.
- Check with your tax advisor about deducting our fees
As Seen On: